Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Cutting, cutting, cutting!!

 High fiber diet, anyone?  I used the turkey platter to hold my cut out Triangle Gatherings blocks, a quilt along by Lisa Bongean.  I have had the strips cut out since January, but just have not cut out the blocks...until today!  I figured it is not gonna get done, unless I ACTUALLY do it...imagine that!!!
 I admit to being pretty smitten with all the Rainbow Quilts on this website!  http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

Above are some scraps from my 3.5 inch bin.  Stay tuned!  Something may be swimming toward you soon!  Does these scraps look a little rainbow-like to you??
 All these recipes from Pinterest are being saved, yep, by me...so I decided to make a few!  This cake really was delicious and super easy to make.  I used a sugar free cake mix and sugar free pudding mix too...not sure if it made it that much healthier, but maybe!


Garage sales!!  I went to one in the neighborhood recently, always on the hunt for plaid shirts.  Here is one I found...it is pretty cute though, and I may wear it a bit before cutting it up!!! One lady had VERY expensive clothing...all at $1.00 per item.  Some with the tags still on them!!!





Have a great day, each of you!!


Julie

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

So are you just starting the first Triangle Gathering block now? I figured I was too late to start when they reached about 8 blocks, and now they are in the 40s. I applaud you for jumping on board at this point.
Do those hints mean you are making rainbow trout? *LOL*
I save recipes on Pinterest and seldom try them. I've had one that I've intended to make for some time now. Maybe you will inspire me to make it tomorrow.
Aren't garage sales fun? That is a great looking shirt. I'm sure it will look good on you--and then in a quilt. : )

---"Love" said...

Wish I had a slice of that gorgeous cake right now! ---"Love"

Leeanne said...

Great shirt find, my hubby has one similar! All these half square triangles..........I will watch you cut more while I eat the cake.....sound like a good deal?

Tired Teacher said...

With all the cutting done, you can sit and chain piece for hours!

Karen said...

I decided to pass on the triangle block patterns from Primitive Gatherings. But I will enjoy seeing your blocks.

Connie said...

I'm dieting (for 3 weeks now) and if I had that cake here it wouldn't last long!

Susan said...

Looks like lots of fun stitching ahead for you........

Binsa said...

I love Pineapple Upside down cake yummo. Good way of sourcing the plaids.

Quilter Kathy said...

How's your rotary cutter blade holding up! LOL
Looks like lots of fun is going on over there!

Vic in NH said...

Wow, that sugar free cake looks yummy! I love all your rainbow scraps and that plaid shirt was the bomb! Good deal!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...